The agriculture, forestry, fishing, chemical industry, and energy are demanding new positions, new expertise and qualified skills. UrBIOfuture project has considered these elements to foster the interaction between educational and research institutions and industry, to identify professional gaps and skill mismatch in the bio-based field.
In general, it will be possible to create a chain effect. Firstly: the needs of the industry are covered and those fields of the bio-industry that need a push are promoted. After: training opportunities are given to professionals within the sector. As a result, these professionals, in return, in their search give all their expertise innovating new products that increase the competitiveness of the bioeconomy in Europe.
THIS APPROACH IS INTENDED TO BE DEVELOPED IN THIS PROJECT AS A 3-STEP METHODOLOGY:
- An identification step:
involving career mapping of programmes involving bio-based activities and pointing of skills mismatch between them and the bioindustry needs as main KPIs, alongside with a previous methodology and work terminology developed and aligned between the educational sector and the industry needs.
- An interaction step:
in which the constant contact and contributions of the education sector, academia and industry will be sought throughout the project. The KPIs involved will be (a) building a comprehensive stakeholder network and a working group involving representatives from each sector of the bio-based value chain .
- The implementation of UrBIOfuture, through an appropriate Communication and Dissemination plan:
organization of promotional events, train-the-trainer and train-the-student workshops. Developing of an afterlife plan will ensure the broader impact of the project among the European bio-based sector.
The results of UrBIOfuture will help building a bio-based industrial sector with the adequately skilled people. So they will be able to operate innovative value chains while establishing and sustaining a solid bio-based industry in Europe.
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (Hiszpania) – https://www.uab.cat/es/
- Consiglio Nazionale dele Ricerche (Italy) – https://www.cnr.it/
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd (Finland)- https://www.vttresearch.com/
- Agro Business Park (Denmark) – https://www.agropark.dk/
- Fundación Corporación Tecnológica de Andalucía (CTA) (Spain) https://www.corporaciontecnologica.com/en/
- VITO (Belgia) – https://vito.be/en
- IHE Delft Institute (Holandia)- https://www.un-ihe.org/
- Sustainable Innovations Europe (Spain) – https://www.sustainableinnovations.co/
- Poznański Park Naukowo-Technologiczny (Poland)